Registrar - Types of Academic Status
1. Director's List - - student has achieved a 3.50 GPA or higher for an academic semester while attempting at least 10 credit hours (5 or more in Summer).
2. Academic Warning - student failed to maintain at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA, or complete an adequate percentage of courses attempted. Students have one semester to get off Academic Warning or they are dismissed from the program.
All students attending LSN are admitted to the nursing program. Inside the nursing program, there are three independent tracks of study.
1) University Course track - students can enroll in any non-nursing course offered at LSN prior to nursing courses, including the mandatory pre-requisite courses. (usually 1 to 3 semesters)
2) Generic RN track - nursing courses for everyone that is not a LPN. (22 months)
3) LPN to RN track -nursing courses for LPN’s that want to bridge over to become an RN (15 months)